Starting June 1, Library to Go (curbside pickup and return of library materials) is available Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Main Library located at 111 W. Mariposa Ave., El Segundo, CA 90245.
How does the pickup process work?
- Request library materials online, by phone (310-524-2728), or via email.
- Due to high demand, please limit hold requests to 20 per day, with a maximum checkout of 50 items per account.
- You will be contacted when materials are ready to be picked up.
- Park in a Library to Go spot on Richmond Street or stand in the Library to Go queue in front of the library and call 310-524-2722 for service. You may also ring the bell at the library's main entrance for additional assistance.
- Your materials (already checked out to your account) will be brought to a nearby table.
- Wait until staff re-enter the library.
- Pick up materials from the table.
For the safety of all borrowers and library staff, we ask that patrons utilize the book drops for returning materials. This will allow staff to safely and properly process materials for lending again. Please do not return books at the curbside pickup table.
See the process in action with El Segundo TV's video about the program.
Questions? Call us or take a look at our FAQ below.
We do not want everyone returning these items all at once as it would overwhelm our book drops. We ask that patrons return these items by July 1 and do so only via our book drops.