The Friends of the El Segundo Public Library is a tax-exempt, non-profit organization of volunteers committed to generating community interest and support for the library.
We rely on membership dues, used-book sales, corporate and private donations and other various fundraising activities to support the Library and fund a variety of programs, including:
- Summer Reading Programs for all ages
- Adult Literacy Program
- Annual Author Fair
- El Segundo History Committee
- Genealogy and local history services
- Purchase of special books and equipment for the Library
- Educational scholarships for High School students
Friends of the Library volunteers undertake fundraising and "Friend-raising" activities throughout the year to raise awareness and support the Library.
Here's what we do:
- Participate in community events to promote the Library
- Collect and maintain historical materials about El Segundo
- Organize sales of used books, games, magazines, and DVDs
Volunteers are needed and are welcome. Become a member to get started.
More Ways to Help
Are you unable to volunteer your time? Please consider a tax-deductible contribution in any amount. Donations go a long way toward helping us enhance the offering of Library books, services and programs. Make a donation to the Friends of the Library.
You can also stop by the Customer Service Desk for a donation envelope, or send a check to:
Friends of the El Segundo Public Library
111 W. Mariposa Avenue
El Segundo, CA 90245
Back row (L-R): Sari Brann, Joanne Svejcar, Nancy Jacobson, Brenda Ross, and Joann Young
Front row (L-R): Linda Munro, Laura Simpson and Betsy Wilson