A robust public art program fosters economic development, creates vital public spaces, and promotes general health and welfare by contributing to a more desirable community in which to live, work, and visit.
On November 19, 2019, the El Segundo City Council adopted Ordinance 1594 establishing a Public Art or In-Lieu Fee Requirement and a Cultural Development Fund. The requirement applies to certain commercial and industrial developments with a project cost exceeding $2,000.000.
Cultural Development Welcome Packet for Developers
- Cultural Development Application
- Developer Agreement
- Ordinance 1594
- Steps for Developers
- Administrative Guidelines
- Public Art Application
- Melissa McCollum, Library Director/Arts and Culture Advisory Committee Liaison, by email or at 310-524-2730.
- Sia Poursabahian, Building Official/Planning and Building Safety Department, by email or at 310-524-2339.
- Dino Marsocci, Deputy City Treasurer, by email or at 310-524-2310.
Donate to the Cultural Development Fund
Help the City's Arts and Culture Advisory Committee increase public art and programming in El Segundo by contributing to the Cultural Development Fund.
L-R Neal Von Flue, Kristen Dorsey, Eva Sweeney, Jeff Cason, Michael Kreski, Natalie Strong and Maureen Kingsley